Tuesday 2 April 2013

Beach Body Babe - Here I Come!!! Part 1: Exercise DVDs

This is it. Time to get...physical?

As excited as I am about going to Magaluf with my friends this summer it does not eliminate my panic about donning my bikini at the beach in front of everyone. Christmas has come and gone but not without gaining a few (multiply by 10 more like) pounds. It has come - beach boot camp!

Sadly I cannot afford to go to an actual boot camp but I can afford to make up my own! Everyday I will contribute to my goal of being a beach body babe by eating healthier and exercising more. Sounds so simple, doesn't it? I know it will be tough but I really want to have the confidence to strip down to my bikini! 

So starting today the hell has begun! Who's with me?! Why not try do this together? The more the merrier!

We're going to start off with exercise!

So as I haven't exactly worked my butt off physically in months it might be best to start off slow and work our way up to the more intensive level. Slow and steady wins the race, eh?



Okay for exercise today I'm going to complete my all-time-favourite exercise DVD - Minisitry of Sound: Pump It Up! Okay so I bought this years ago and can proudly say that I know the "dance" moves by heart. I now don't need to stop in the middle of exercising just to squint my eyes at the TV completely lost as to where my foot is meant to go! Yuss! This is an intensive but also very fun workout and will definitely make you feel the burn. Also, there's one random hot guy there with all the girls so some eye-candy to help keep you going ;)! 

Next exercise DVD that I love is the 30 Day Shred - happily bought for a fiver from amazon a year or two back. This is a killer but the burn sure does feel good! Jillian Michaels really helps you focus and seems to always know when I've given up to be a beach whale lying on the floor in a heap and panting like a (insert dirty joke here). She's always like "Don't stop now, get back up!" A bit weird but it works cos I'm always up within seconds and slaving away to the moves! This isn't a dancey dvd unlike Pump it Up but it's still enjoyable.

My most recent addiction is the 10 Minute Solution: Blast Off Belly Fat. I really like the concept of this - there's 5 different sections all lasting approx 10 minutes each so this allows you to squeeze in a few exercises before work or school. No more guilty days = result! My favourite section has to be Pilates perfect Abs - this is what made me love pilates! This is only £5 - such a bargain!

Today I will attempt the Pump it Up DVD and 2 sections of the 10 minute solution DVD and see how that goes!

What are your favourite exercise DVDs? I really want to try out Davina McCall's DVDs - she looks fab!



Emma
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...