Thursday 7 May 2015

Shower Essentials

Why Hello!


Okay I may be going out on a limb here by saying that we all take showers, right?  I joke. They're pretty much part of our everyday life. Some are shower people and some people swear by their baths. I, for one, admit I'm more of a shower person for sure. I love my baths don't get me wrong but showers are just easier and quicker.  Baths also confuse me slightly - do you wash your hair at the beginning of your time in the bath or at the end? Do you need to use a shower cap if you wash your hair at the start? Do you use the shower head? So many questions for my little small brain to handle.

Okay, so now that spiel is over let's get onto the good stuff. This post is all about my current 'Shower Essentials' - terrible idea of a post title I know. Hint: I may be slightly hungover. So, let's take a look at what have become daily essentials in my shower!

Shower Essentials



            

NSPA Massaging Body Brush - so if like me, you can't get away from the dry brushing hype that's buzzing around the beauty world. It's plastered in every magazine, youtube videos and blogs. And it doesn't seem to be stopping any time soon. I had to pick one up just to see what the hype was really about and I chose this one from NSPA (you can find these in Asda) for only a few pounds. This is very cheap compared to the other dry brushes that are out there some being priced well into the £20 mark. As a beginner, one costing a few pounds seemed to take my fancy. So dry brushing, for those that must live under a rock, basically is using a brush on dry skin to help circulation and in time help improve the appearance of the skin. It exfoliates your skin helping remove layers of dead skin cells (eww) to reveal a smoother brighter texture.  Some say it even helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite.  
   This one comes with a handle that makes the dry brushing life a whole lot easier. I use sweeping brushing motions (as instructed) directing towards the heart starting from the feet and moving upwards. Not going to lie, it feels amazing. Beware: it's not a soft brush that feels gentle - the coarse bristles and plastic massagers can get a bit uncomfortable if you get a bit too carried away. I use this when the skin is dry then jump into the shower but you can use this morning or night. Very pleased with this purchase and would recommend to those who are new to this dry-brushing scene. Obviously those who want a brush that is all natural and has super high quality bristles should probably opt for a dearer one, but for now I'm very happy with this one.


Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo & Conditioner - This is the first Organix (OGX) Shampoo + Conditioner combo I've used and I'm super impressed. It smells amazing (as everything does when it has coconut in the name). The conditioner steals the show a little bit just because it makes my hair feel so soft afterwards especially when I leave it on as a hair mask for 2-5 minutes. The shampoo can be sometimes tricky to massage into a lather but I'll let that one pass for now. I've nearly finished both these bottles up so I am tempted to repurchase but with me I like trying different shampoo and conditioners as there a lot out there. At around £7 it is expensive for what it is but I've enjoyed using these.

Another shampoo I thought I would mention is the Schwarzkopf Bonacure Scalpthearapy Deep Cleansing Shampoo. As a fan of most Schwarzkopf hair products I thought I would give this one a go especially since I snatched it up for only a couple of pounds on sale. My hair at the time was greasy 24/7, I would literally come out the shower with greasy hair and felt like it really needed a deep clean. This shampoo doesn't lather up too well and the scent isn't something to shout about but it did put an end to greasy gate. I now like to use this once a week just to keep my hair in check of product build up in my hair. 

Herbal Essences Ignite My Colour Vibrant Colour Intensive Mask -this mask is for coloured/highlighted hair. This is supposed to 'revive colour vibrancy' which I can't really back up since personally I haven't really noticed it in my hair. I can, however, back up that this smells gorgeous. I can also back up that this mask also helps with tangles and knots in my hair.  Oh, another thing I can back up is that this does make my hair smell amazing, feel soft and actually give it a bit of a shiny finsh. 

Radox Feel Enchanted Shower Gel - this smells enchanting (lol). The scent is oriental lotus and orange blossom and this is so good for both morning and night time showers - the orange is refreshing while the lotus is calming and relaxing and creates a nice little balance. It also lathers up extremely quickly which I like in a shower gel. Not much else to say but I do love it.

St Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub - a very classic skincare product. I'm sure everyone has tried this at least once in their lives. It's a face scrub to exfoliate your face to cleanse pores and remove dead skin cells. I've read that beady scrubs like this one should be avoided since they're too harsh for the skin but I enjoy using this. It does do its job and is gentle on the skin if you massage it in rather than scrub at your face. This only gets used once a week in the shower just for a deep cleanse.

Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub - I know everybody says it and everybody knows it but as expected of a Soap & Glory product it smells heavenly. This has a very lime-y scent and reminds me of the drink Sprite which is always a good thing and not something to complain about. The refreshing scent means that this has become the ultimate morning body scrub for me. The scrub itself is very grainy (brown sugar and macadamia grains) which I like and it does actually feel like it's doing something for my skin. The almond oil leaves a slight residue which I don't mind but I know some people will. The only thing that irks me about this is the watery residue it leaves inside the tub - it just looks a wee bit gross!

Last but not least, another Soap & Glory product - The Righteous Butter. I've been using this for years and I'm still not sick of this scent. The product melts right into your skin and makes it super soft and smelling nice for hours after. 


This became quite a mammoth of a post - apologies. I guess I get really passionate when it comes to showers. I hope you liked this post and let me know what your shower essentials are!


Emma
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...