Friday 8 May 2015

Today's Makeup

Why hello!

If like me, you stayed up for most of last night keeping an eye on the General Election results and have thus woken up with a fuzzy head and a lovely tinge of bluey purple underneath your eyes, you may want to read on. Today I am going out for a spot of lunch and meeting a few friends so I need to remove all evidence of my night owl double life.

This is what I'm wearing on my face today! I went for a wide awake/dewy outer appearance  to try counteract how sleepy I feel on the inside.









Sorry for the rubbish camera skills - I'm still trying to get good at it!

Dr.Jart+ Water Fuse BB Cream - this is amazing! I've had this for a while and whenever I want a nice light coverage I grab this straight away. I'll probably do a post solely on this soon because I love it so much! It has SPF 25 which is pretty good for a BB cream. The BB cream only has one shade which worried me to begin with, and even when I first tried it I thought 'this is way too dark for me' but once it settles into your skin it somehow manages to match your skin tone. It gives off a dewy finish (hint is in the name 'Water Fuse' ) which may scare off fellow oily skin sufferers like myself - just make sure you have a powder compact with you! Perfect for those CBA days! (Just found out this is half price as well in case you're interested!)


Obviously I couldn't go a day without my favourite drugstore concealer - Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair.  This is perfect to conceal both blemishes and under eye circles. Surely I'm not the only one with like 10 of these floating about in my makeup bag? This is seriously good stuff - cheap and cheerful and does the job. It can get a little creasy on the eye area and does tend to pick up some patches of dryness so just make sure your skin well moisturised.

Another concealer/highlighter product I'm using on the under eye/cheekbone area is the L'oreal Lumi Magique Concealer. First off, how classy is that packaging - it's gorgeous especially for a drugstore product! This is one of those concealers you have to twist to get the product onto the brush which does get a bit annoying sometimes but it just works so well. It's certainly not an essential for my makeup kit but when I want a little more highlight underneath my eyes this works a treat. If you're using this as a proper concealer for spots then you may be disappointed!

Revlon Photoready Cream Blush in Flushed. I've talked about this product before in my March Favourites blog post and the love is still going strong for this one. It's my ultimate cream blush and this pretty pink colour is perfect to brighten up the face and just helps transform a dull pale face!  Has this colour been discontinued?? Think I might cry is this is true! Another shade that I recommend in the Coral Reef colour.

Another product I've reviewed is the Topshop Glow Cream Highlighter in Polished so I won't blab on too much about this but this just give dimension and lovely glow to a tired face. Lovely.
MUA Heaven and Earth Palette Swatches

Moving on to eyes - the MUA Eyeshadow Palette in Heaven and Earth. This palette has sadly hit pan in a couple of my most used shadows which does hurt a little not going to lie. The lightest shade is a shimmery champagne colour which I like to use to highlight the inner corners of my eyes and brow bone. All the colours (bar one orange brown colour which just looks awful on me) are wearable and the pigment is rather good! The lasting power of these do depend on whether or not an eye shadow primer is used which is to expected of a £4 palette. Whenever i'm in a rush and want a quick smokey eye this is one!

The Maybelline Falsies Volum' Express Mascara has been a staple in my makeup bag for years. It just works so well on my tiny straight blonde eyelashes. It really gives a lot of length and volume to my lashes and the brush is so easy to use. They are of good value compared to some higher brand mascaras out there.

Eyeliner - another product mentioned in my March favourites post is the Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner. It has become my go-to liner - it's so easy to use and does not budge.

Swatch of L'oreal Paris  GlamShine Stain Splash in Romy 

Last but not least is lips and I just wanted to go for something quick to use so I chose this L'oreal Paris GlamShine Stain Splash in 102 Romy. So this is like a mix between a lip gloss and a lip stain - more pigmented than a lip gloss but more glossy than a lip stain. If that makes sense. This colour is very pretty and if you're able to see the swatch it's like a rosey pink. This really does stain your lips and will not move for the day - good if you're going on a date and worried your lippy will smudge when eating or drinking. It's going to stay on my hand for hours now..

So that's it for Today's Makeup! Just a quick casual look for today and hope you enjoyed! Please follow me on bloglovin - I'm trying to find some blogs to read so will follow you back!


Emma
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...